By Cindy Posey | May 30, 2008
Time to rev up our heart rates for 10 minutes, work a core group of muscles and feel energized for the rest of the day. Ready for quick workout?! Here are two options to work the obliques and move your body!
10 Minute Cardio/Oblique Exercise Routines
1st Workout Option: 1 Minute Segments
1. Walk in place
2. Side Plank (1 30 sec. Segment each side)
3. Standing Knee Ups (alternate lifting knees across body)
4. Lying Circles with legs 90 degrees off floor (start off with little circles toward the sky) Keep your lower back anchored to the floor.
5. Squats with weighted (Grab a baby, medicine ball or dumbbells) Body Twists
6. Standing Side Bends (w/ hand weights, cans or heavy book)
7. Standing Knee Ups
8. Side Lying Oblique Crunches
9. Squats with weighted Body Twists
10. Cross Over Crunches (Opposite shoulder lifted toward knee crossed over leg)
2nd Workout Option: Complete 2 sets of 30
1. Jumping Jacks
2. Lying Knee Sways (Lay on back, move knees from left to right)
3. Lunge with Upper Body Twists
4. Bicycle Crunches (opposite elbow to knee with other leg extended)
5. Jumping Jacks
6. Sitting Hip Sways (Lean slightly back, keep toes on floor, Shift weight from hip bone to hip bone)
7. Lunge with Upper Body Twists
How do you feel? Did you break a sweat? Come on back when you need a quick workout.
Topics: Uncategorized |